How is it made?
Quality all the way
KLC is a Chain of Custody, FSC® Certified Company and has Codemark certification on some of its product range.
KLC manufactures and distributes a wide range of precision-made timber building materials from our state-of-the-art processing plant. The materials sourced are from sustainable forests and processed with regard for environmental sustainability and a strong focus on quality.
The process to manufacture our Generation II H3.2 product range has been developed using a combined effort from all key staff at our KLC site based in Kaingaroa. The experience and knowledge from these people has been harvested and put into fruition, allowing us to produce a premium product for our customers.
50 Year Guarantee
We know you will enjoy using a 50 year treatment warrantied product on your home or your clients' homes as much as we have enjoyed bringing an H3.2 100% treated product to market.
New Zealand Radiata Pine sourced from renewable, plantation forestry. KLC is a Chain of Custody, Codemark Compliant and FSC Certified Company.
Wood is our most sustainable raw material. As a building material its benefits are unparalleled. Wood results in far less carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere than competing building products. Growing forests absorb carbon dioxide (CO²) from the atmosphere and by choosing wood over other products we reduce the amount of CO² emissions. Forests and wood fight global climate change. KLC is committed to environmental stewardship through the selection and use of all our raw materials, including our primary resource – wood.
Henkel’s Purbond® adhesive system is part of the world’s first and only polyurethane adhesive system to pass all tests required for ANSI/AITC 405- 2008 certification – the glulam standard. Loctite Purbond® technology aligns with the KLC philosophy of environmental regard, with a solvent system that is formaldehyde-free.
MicroPro® treatment technology is a water-based treatment system using micronised copper compounds with minimal leaching and is US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registered. Copper-based treatment systems have a long and proven history in timber treatment and, with the introduction of a micronised copper delivery in a water-borne system, delivers treatment efficacy in an environmentally preferable way. Environmental sustainability is demonstrated in low leaching of treatment preservatives from the timber, low volatile organic compound (VOCs) emissions and the award of the GREENGUARD Children and Schools’ Certification from the Greenguard® Environmental Institute. For more technical information on the MicroPro (MCA) preservative system click here.
The treated timber is kiln-dried to a specific moisture content. It is stabilized and enhanced when re-dried after treatment.
Timber is moulded to various weatherboard, fascia, boxed corners, cavity batten, scriber and D4S patterns.
A two coat, superior alkyd priming system PPG, is applied and provides good water resistance.
Natural. Durable. Classic.
Generation II H3.2 is the best weatherboard timber solution for your new build or renovation. We produce strong and durable products that stand the test of time, giving you peace of mind and a sustainable product you can trust.
The Generation II range is a full exterior cladding solution.
- Treatment guarantee of 50 years protection, more than double other treatments.
- The MicroPro® H3.2 treatment system is a water-borne, copper-based preservative system with carbon-based co-biocide. Applied to the wood using a high pressure treatment process, it penetrates deeply and is effective against fungal decay, borer and termite attack.
- Testing has shown kiln-dried MicroPro® treated products are less likely to show resin bleed when painted in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
- Corrosion-resistant for approved fasteners and hot dipped galvanised nails to meet building code requirements.
- 100% NZ Radiata pine sourced from sustainable forests.
- Choice of several styles (bevelback featured).
- Eco-friendly with four environmental credentials.
- Weatherboards up to 6.3 metres in length.
- Formaldehyde-free and low volatile organic compounds used in the treating and glueing manufacturing process. No odour.
- A two coat, superior alkyd priming system, supplied by PPG, is applied and provides good water resistance.